October 27th, 2007
I’m working on several new things to offer from Shelmar Publications.
- Health Care Manual/Workbook This book is based on the talks I gave at the Farm Progress Show and Husker Harvest Days. My talk was titled Stretching Your Healthcare Dollars, and all of that information will be included in the manual, including Working with Your Doctor, Using the Telephone to Save Money, Saving Money on Prescription Medications, Saving Money on Over-the-Counter Medications, Importing Medications, The Internet, and more! I’ll also be including worksheets for listing medications the reader is taking, questions for the doctor, questions to ask when a test or procedure is ordered or a new medication is prescribed, and more!
- Goal Workbook This book begins by encouraging the reader to take time for herself every day, and provides guidelines for doing so. The book walks readers through the steps of writing GOOD goals–goals they’ll be able to work towards AND reach–and guidelines for writing goals. It discusses short, medium, and long-term goals, and provides different forms for writing out these goals and the steps to accomplish them. The goal forms in the book may be torn out and copied, so you can use it over and over! With this workbook, readers will FINALLY make, work towards, and REACH their goals!
- 366 Ways to Take Care of Yourself. In their quest to care for everyone and everything around them, women, and moms, so often forget to care for themselves. This calendar gives the reader simple, quick suggestions for caring for herself every day! When you care for yourself, you’re so much better able to care for those around you.
- 366 Ways to be Nice to Your Kids, and 366 Ways to Show Your Spouse Your Love. I think we should make an effort to do something nice for our kids and spouse every day. Yes, you do that in your life anyway, but show them how special they are! These calendars provide simple, fun, original ways to show your love.
I’m working on all of these projects and enjoying the diversity of having the different projects to work on. I plan to have them completed and available for sale by Dec. 1st. (put some on your gift list, as requests to get, or to give!) If you have any suggestions for what to include, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggestions from “real life” people are what make the books and products from Shelmar Publications so useful and valuable!
October 27th, 2007
In the past two weeks, I’ve added two speaking engagements and a book signing to my calendar. The interesting thing is that all three events are within four days of each other! Funny how that happens.
- Dec. 7th I will be speaking for a MOPS group in Grand Island. I spoke to the group last spring, and the mentor (who called to see if I would speak again), said the group enjoyed me so much last spring, they wanted to hear me again! It’s humbling to know that I’ve had a positive effect on people and I’m blessed that I can use the gift that God has given me–I KNOW I would not know the right words to say without His guidance. I pray before every time I speak, that I would provide encouragement and words that give the ladies what they need to hear at that time.
- Dec. 8th I will do a book signing at The Abbey, a Christian store in Norfolk. Kay, the owner of the store, works sooo hard to provide a great selection of Christian books, gifts, music, and home decor. I could do all of my Christmas shopping in her store!
- Dec. 10th I will be speaking for a book club group. The lady who cuts my hair asked me to speak about the process of writing and publishing books; several members of the group are interested. It’s been such a joy, and the fulfillment of MY dreams, to have published my books, and I want everyone to experience the joy of making his or her dreams come true.
I will be working on these talks over the next few weeks–something I really enjoy doing.
October 27th, 2007
I was hesitant to make the switch from my 35 mm film camera to a digital, but finally did so on my last birthday. It was a “big” birthday, and Tim and the kids bought me the camera. I LOVE it!
I’d like to get the kids’ photo albums caught up for Christmas, and enjoy giving photos as other gift, so need to get some pictures developed! Believe it or not, I have not had one picture actually developed since I got my new camera in March. I’ve downloaded them and printed a few out from my computer, and emailed a bunch, but haven’t gotten any developed for use in albums and for gifts.
I know I can get them developed by WalMart, HyVee, or Walgreens, and I’ve been considering using an online service like Snapfish.
What have you all used? What do you recommend? I’d appreciate any information and advice you can give me. Please email it to email@example.com. And THANKS!
(my next project, after getting photos developed, will be to learn how to post them online in this blog!)